No announcement yet.

Swr workingman 15 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also q1 does not have voltage but the resistor 18k is good but has 59 volts across it

Comment

Q1 "does not have voltage." What does that mean? All three legs have zero volts to ground?
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Should say headphones

Comment

Zero to .2 on the legs but it is across a good 18k to collector

Comment

R22, right? We really should call out part numbers.

R22 is series with R20 from V+. I can see 59v across it, but not while also seeing 2v or less on all Q1 legs.
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh, never mind. I misread the schematic. Apologies, and color me blind.
              "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Thanks Enzo, got it working by replacing Q1&2. You are definitely the local genius!

Comment

As an aside, I recall these amps end up biased too hot which of course causes premature failure (sounds like the story of my life!). All seriousness aside when you get it all repaired be certain to check the bias. I don't recall off hand what it is supposed to be and I'm not where my notes are right now. I'll try to reply when I find that out. I also seem to recal the screws attaching the xistors to the heatsink. Sorry none of that relates directly to your issue. glen

Comment

Working...
                  X