Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtube FEX / RC 2000 sticker shock

Hello good people!

If this is the wrong place or forum please feel more than free to excoriate me or just move it or whatever; I really don't mind. You guys know stuff, so I'm asking...

So, I got a Transtube FEX rackmount
    ​​for playing Dobro live. I'm not good at using pedals when I'm seated-nor do I want to be.

I see that there is a great Peavy MIDI "pedal" for this:

​​​​​​The venerable RC2000. Just another example of Peavey awesomeness. Sincerely.

They are surprisingly pricey.

Any alternatives come to mind?

I could use one of the NanoKontrol or similar Beringer units, but then I *think* I'll need a USB host, and before long I've got a Rube Goldberg machine, and all I really wanna do is play some guitar.

TIA.

Steve
    Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

This one doesn't seem too badly priced; https://www.101guitarshop.com/Peavey-RC2000_p_40.html

Comment

Thanks Mick! I went to that a couple of days ago. It felt a little scammy. When I did a street view on the address it was just a shipping facility...which *might* be okay. Then this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220121-090422_Chrome.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	950148

Comment

It does say on the website that it is a warehouse and 'by appointment only'. It could be that there was a physical store that has closed. Maybe try the phone number listed and see how long it takes for someone to get back to you.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thx g1. Number is disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by tbonuss View Post
            Thx g1. Number is disconnected.
            That's too bad. Looks like the last action on their facebook page was Dec.2018.

There's one on Reverb for around $200 but says 'open to offers'.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well, let's just say he wasn't "open" to my offers.

I know a guy who bought a whole bunch of the Peavey pallets--Maybe there are some in there somewhere ...

I'll just use a Gigboard on a stool for now.

This is about the only thing I could find that has DIN MIDI out (no host required):

Arturia Beatstep ~110 new / ~60 used.
              https://www.guitarcenter.com/pdp/pro...site5117681587

Wait. Thats prolly way better anyhow !!!

Comment

Working...
              X