SWR WM15 power transformer output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWR WM15 power transformer output?

I am working on a SWR Workingman's 15 bass amp combo. It may have a bad power transformer.

1) Does anyone know the AC secondary output of the transformer? The schematic does not indicate a value. The transformer is a Mecury Magnectics 560016-120 and the MM website does not indicate values either.

2) This transformer appears to be discontinued. If it is a transformer problem does anyone know where I can buy one or a suitable replacement?

Thanks!

Please post schematic.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

What makes you decide it is faulty? Transformers rarely put out "wrong" voltages. They have shorted windings and blow fuses or are loaded way down, or they have open windings which produce no voltage or maybe a phantom voltage. But if it should be 40 volts it won't generally make 25 or 50. If you have something like 50v main rails but a 15v rail is missing, that won't be the transformer.

This thing has 63v main filter caps, so the main rails are not likely to be over 50v, nor under 35v SO I would wager the transformer puts out maybe 30-35v a side or 60-70v center tapped.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

There is more than one version of this amp, but here:

Attached Files
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Okay now I am embarrassed. It looks like one of the taps from the secondary to the bridge rectifier came loose. Doh! Crisis averted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1692.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	790.9 KB
ID:	960487
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
            Okay now I am embarrassed. It looks like one of the taps from the secondary to the bridge rectifier came loose. Doh! Crisis averted.
            My threads usually go on for two or three pages before I realize I did something dumb.

Comment

Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes. A photo can be that set. Walking away from a stumper for a bit and going back can help you see things you missed earlier too. It happens to most of us.
              --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

Working...
              X