Xr600c mixer amp, advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, alright. Success.

I turned it on with the bulb limiter incircuit an tapped around a bit with a chopstick and got a pop and a spark from the underside.

I took the PCB off and noticed a slight burn mark on one of the soldertraces and on top of one of the metal standoffs that allow air under the PCB. Surely not, you don’t think.

iIt seems one of the standoffs had gotten twisted and was causing a dead short adjacent to one of the lines going to the output section.

Redid it, rid of the short. Powered up and the bulb was dim. OMG…..

Cobbled it back together with the preamp section, put a MIC cable in, WORKS! Reverb, all tone control, WORKS!

Thanks to all for the patience and encouragement to get me through this. Great learning experience for this old dog.

Cold beer(s) Tonite.

Comment

That's the bonus when you get something broken, you get some good experience, you learn things, the lessons can be fairly cheap and you end up with something worthwhile in the end.
      Great job, I'm glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Thanks to you. Now I have to get back to a Hot Rod Deluxe with no channel switching…..

Comment

" Now I have to get back to a Hot Rod Deluxe with no channel switching….."
          Check the high wattage resistors for the zener diodes.
          The solder is known to breal loose.

Comment

Thanks,.

Comment

Working...
            X