Hartke HA7000 Power Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hartke HA7000 Power Issue

I have a Hartke HA7000 on the bench. Blown rectifier, blown .1uf cap across the ac legs, and blown main 4700uf 100V capacitor. Also has a bad trace going to the connector for one of the power amps carrying the B+. The amplifier IC's all check out (in circuit) and all measure the same on diode test on my multimeter (yes I know they are in circuit). I should be ok replacing the defective components but thought I'd post in case I may be missing anything. I'll hard wire the bad trace and bypass that. I should also note the amp makes no sound from either side. The remaining 3 caps test good and so does the power transformer.

I had a peavey blow a big trace like that when the rectifier went out. I like to use bits of solder wick to rebuild those larger traces. The solder wick is structurally sound and you can always add a conformal coating.
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I like the solder wick idea. I think I'll do that. Going to replace all those 4700uf caps to be safe. Still have to figure out why the other amp wasn't working as well. More testing yay.

Comment

Working...
      X