Mesa boogie recto preamp tube placement values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa boogie recto preamp tube placement values

Could someone please tell me the sequence and value(job) for the six 12ax7.And if I could get a cleaner clean sound by going w/ an 12at7? thanks alot

JJ

There are only five preamp tubes in the standard recto series of amps, not six. If you have a rectoverb or tremoverb, there may be six tube, I've never opened one up to know. So if this all doesn't apply, you'll need to be more specific about your amp.

Starting nearest to the input and moving toward the power transformer you have:
    V1 Preamp
    V2 Preamp
    V3 Preamp
    V4 FX Loop
    V5 Phase Inverter
    On page 4 there's a functional diagram of the amp which will tell you which triode of each tube does what. http://schematicheaven.com/boogieamp..._solo_head.pdf

The clean sound on the rectos is regarded as being pretty bad. You can try an AT7, but I don't think it will clean it up the way you want it to. You'll get less gain, but it'll still be dark and kinda dull. I'd change V1 to an AT7 for the most prevelant results, or V2 for minor results. Both changes will effect your gain channels though.
    -Mike

Comment

what I have is the rackmount preamp it has 6 tubes 2 rows of three.hopefully somebody knows.I keep trying different tubes just wish I knew what the properties were thanks

Comment

You have this preamp, right?
        Mesa Boogie Recto Recording PreAmp

If so, then this looks like your tube layout.
        rectifier recording preamp tube layout - Google Search
        lead to
        The Boogie Board • View topic - Recto Recording Preamp - Tube Layout ?
        -Mike

Comment

Thank you

Thats exactly what I needed thanks alot for your help

Comment

Working...
          X