No announcement yet.

A Good New 12AY7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen. That invisible truck in the middle of the equation.

How many time I see someone getting his new Peavey or Fender amplifier via UPS shipped in from some online house, and the tubes are bad, and they want to blame Peavey or Fender for it. When that cross country semi truck takes a set of railroad tracks at speed, your tubes in the back take quite a pounding as they bounce around.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Unfortunately I'm no where near NYC.

This last time I ordered GTs, who supposedly test these (yeah right.....). and still 1/3 of them were bad.

Seems to be more of an issue with 12AY7s than other tubes. I guess the current production 12AY7 is just not a very strong tube, mechanically. Too bad there only seems to be on factory producing them.

Comment

12AY7/5751

New Sensor/Sovtek's 5751 has proven to be pretty good- they have outlasted EH12AY7's and sound VERY close to the few real 6072's I have in the stash. But maybe some of that is luck...I've only bought maybe 25 or so 5751's, though only a couple were excessively microphonic. Since they're less $ than the EH certainly worth a try

Cheers,
        Alexander
        Cheers,

Alexander
        Austin Texas
        www.retrodyne-austin.com

Comment

Working...
        X