Will bass damage a valve amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob p View Post
    ...just don't go playing a low-B 5-string bass or you'll be needing a recone kit.
    That is what the SVT 18" and 4X10" with the GK800RB is for...if only my wife understood. "Honey, I need the old amp for the old bass and the new amp for the new bass (Alembic 5) or else I'll blow something up. It's a cost saving measure, you understand, right?"

Comment

well, i was thinking more along the lines of TS parameters like Xmax, but if a good rationalization helps you to get an SVT, I'm all for it.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Originally posted by tommy d View Post
        I sound like scooby-doo's bass player who was always an inspiration - seriously
        That's Carol Kaye! And remember she plays with a pick.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

i cant believe it!

Originally posted by tommy d View Post
          I use a '68 Twin (amp was blackfaced with a cap or two and the dry side voiced for bass by Ron Ott of King Amp) in head form with EVM 15B and 15L in TL606's which are the reference designs for the EVM's. Sounds great with 73 p-bass and strings going on ~15 years old...you just can't buy tone like that. Like a fine whiskey, letting the strings age to perfection. I sound like scooby-doo's bass player who was always an inspiration - seriously

i found someone else that thinks scooby-doo has a cool bass player!!!

GANG---WAY!!!!!

dun-dun-dun- dun,----dun -da-dun dun dun dun---dun

Comment

Raggy! M-M-M-Monster!

What is really funny, is that a previous poster in this very thread was talking about Carol Kaye (the Scooby Doo mistress) and I had no idea who she is. Then later he says that she used an open back Twin and a pick. I'm guessing faltwounds too. She really does have a good sound that I wish people would use more. Don't get me wrong, I like modern bass tones, but sometimes a nice round, slightly overdriven tube (JJ, motown) is the best. She had such a huge influence on me as a kid - I used to always sing scooby doo-esque bass lines doing stuff around the house, playing hockey, W.

I'm really glad I made the Scooby Doo confession and I still regularly watch scooby doo for the music (i'm 40) lol!!!

dun, duh-dun, dun, dun, dun, duh-dun..... groovin!

Comment

Working...
            X