Tousands of toobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tousands of toobs!

JAN6189 and JAN6005, approx. 8,000 of each. Bidding is at about $1500 US with around 16hrs. to go.
    I'm interested to see what they end up going for, lots of room before they even hit a buck each. Somebody will make some money, but it may take awhile to unload.

https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?...1&sf=ferm-clos
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Those are actually really cool tubes. Somebody is going to score, or not... Application is the issue. These are basically premium 12au7's and 6aq5's from my short research. You could probably sell them as such with a markup over the final purchase price, but it might take you five years and many trips to the post office to sell them all. I don't have the capitol right now anyway (who does?) but I think I'd be out anyway. Still, good eye and good lookin' out. It's a pretty stellar opportunity for the right person. If that person is a member then you've done them a solid by posting this.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Well, looks like the bidding finally picked up at the end, lot went for approx. $6000 US. Just under 40 cents per tube.
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It looks like the 6189 sell for around $20ea. (+/-) and the 6005 go about $13ea. if you match them in pairs. It'll be a lot of work moving them, but even if you sold them in lots of ten or twenty at half market just to move things along that's still a profit of $124,600
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Dang. I think I'm glad I didn't see that until it was too late. I know my wife is...
          Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            Well, looks like the bidding finally picked up at the end, lot went for approx. $6000 US. Just under 40 cents per tube.
            I forgot to correct this one, somehow my browser wasn't updating the bids properly. In the end, the lot went for approx. 25K US, so around $1.50 per tube.

Comment

Working...
            X