Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will US Sanctions do to availability to Russian-mfgr'd Vacuum Tubes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
    Any updates on this subject ? With the falling Russian Ruble will we get a price break ?.
    As the lion's share of Russian tubes imported to USA are via New Sensor (Sovtek, EH, TungSol, Mullard, Genelex Gold Lion, maybe others) don't worry, ol' Mike Matthews will extract every kopek's worth of profit.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I just put in a big order, and no 12AT7s. Also, I may have just bought the last of their JJ EL84. Three types on backorder.
      It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

At the peak of Trump´s China sanctions, "somehow" a ton of Chinese produce (taxed) started appearing labelled as "made in Vietnam" (untaxed), so much so that Vietnam Government complained; I would not be surprised at some mystery factory appearing at some kosher Country, or some "mystery NOS" stash found or some other trick.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Right after sanctions we started getting Plywood from Vietnam at the cabinet shop. Sometimes it comes from indonesia.
          nosaj
          soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

EH cancelled orders for all seven of their Russian brands.

Are JJ Russian?

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
              EH cancelled orders for all seven of their Russian brands.

Are JJ Russian?
              JJ = Slovakia.

EH as well as Sovtek, TungSol, Mullard, "Gold Lion" all made in Saratov in the new USSR, distributed by New Sensor, 5th Avenue, NY City, USA. I'm not expecting many will find their way out of country in upcoming years. It was nice - for profiting Mike Matthews.Game over. I'm sure he has enough $$$ to coast the rest of his life, no sweat. Fans of these tubes advised to snap up what you can find at ever increasing prices.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Well I ordered some JJ EL84's from New Sensor
                order seemed to go through okay

Comment

Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
                  Having just ordered some tubes from Antique Electronic Supply / CE Distribution, there are now a number of tubes out of stock, so looks like that's beginning. I didn't notice prices going up yet, but that's been a week since ordering.
                  I purchased two pairs of the Russian Tung-Sol 5881 reissues last week from them (they are 4 miles from my house). I worked there until I retired 3 years ago and was talking with the sales guy who told me they had a run on Russian made tubes and very few are left in stock as of Friday.
                  Last edited by casey73; 03-14-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I wanted to order some JJ's from AES/CE Dist last week and many are on backorder. Went to Eurotubes and they showed in stock on their website so I ordered a couple pair of JJ 5881. An hour later I get an email saying they are backordered but they would fill my order when their shipment came in. I was annoyed that they knowingly showed in stock on their website when they are out of stock. Just a heads up to those wanting to purchase from Eurotubes.

Comment

I think we are officially boned.

Comment

well my Russian made EL84 quartet is in the mail but Eurotubes says they require 4-6 weeks to get me my Slovakian made 4x JJ 6L6GCs!

Of course nothing about "out of stock" was visible on their WEB site, I just got an email saying this delay "was NOT about supply chain issues" its just because they have to "painstakingly test and match the tubes"...what BS, they decided to keep no stock, wonderful.

Comment

Just received this by whatsap

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/ele...be-exports-ban
                          Valvulados

Comment

And what about Tube Amp production lines? Has anyone seen or heard of slow downs or decrease in production due to tube availability?
                            It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Aren't most of those in China anyway, mostly using Chinese tubes? I doubt they are into JIT supply, so it hasn't had time to shake out yet.
                              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I would say that JJ is very well positioned at this time.
                                Originally posted by Enzo
                                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
                                X