Best glue for locator pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best glue for locator pin?

What is the best glue for a broken plastic locator pin on a 6L6GC tube?

I use JB Weld and never had one come adrift again. Regular epoxy may work, but the temperature rating is much lower.

Comment

JB Weld is a miracle product! Thanks for the tip.

I have used super glue, but it does not hold.

Comment

You can buy a guide pin repair part. Nice to have on hand.

Comment

https://www.cedist.com/products/keyw...ce-octal-tubes
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by Axtman View Post
            I have used super glue, but it does not hold.
            Interesting, my experience is the exact opposite. Cyanoacrylate has always worked just fine for me. No special fancy type, just the cheap hardware store variety. Important though to always use a fresh tube, once they've been opened they always begin polymerizing due to exposure to air, they never stick as well after that first use. I don't toss the opened tubes, just relegate them to less critical duty.
            Superglue/CA tends to have greater temperature resistance than typical epoxies, though JB Weld will best all but specialty types. Regardless, other than being a bit acrid during first power-on as it "cooks off", I've always found CA to be more than up to the task.

Comment

I have also had good results with super glue, but you have to get it perfectly seated the first time.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
                I have also had good results with super glue, but you have to get it perfectly seated the first time.
                Same. And, that said, if you do kludge the first set and don't have an ideal contact attempting to reglue with CA over CA doesn't work worth a $h!t. At that point I think the add on pin locators posted by The Dude are the best option.
                "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                X