The Commodordion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Commodordion

I have never used the circuit bending forum but I just tripped across the attached and decided that it belongs here.

A Swedish software engineer named Linus Åkesson unveiled a playable accordion—called "The Commodordion"—he crafted out of two vintage Commodore 64 computers connected with a bellows made of floppy disks taped together.​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBCYvoC4muc&t=3s
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	172
Size:	508.7 KB
ID:	972571

Very impressive. The floppies are a nice touch.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

This guy is a wing nut. But in a good way (great way!). It may sound strange but I sort of like bag pipes. I even thought about learning to play them but I just don't have the wind for it. I also experimented with shakuhachi flutes. Also love them but didn't have the wind for them. This technology being developed could make these sounds more accessible to future recording artists and I'm having no trouble with that. Very cool.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

That got me in the mood for some of that sting movie music by scott joplin.
        Here's maple leaf rag.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCxLAr_bwpA
        IMO the commodordion needs to stick to the Piano, but that video was rather entertaining!
        ​T
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Working...
        X