X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuzz face clone problem

hi all.
    I hope someone can help me:
    I got five 2n508. tested it following Keen for hfe. they seems good.
    I built a rangemaster clone following Keen again, great I was very happy. It worked after some little problem...
    Then I decided to build a fuzz face clone, again using instruction find on geofex, but this time I can't resolve my problems. The sound level is very low and very noisy, I tried to correct bias the transistors but finally I don't know if I was able to. What have to try to fix?

thank you, vincenzo.
    Happy to share

Originally posted by vince76 View Post
    hi all.
    I hope someone can help me:
    I got five 2n508. tested it following Keen for hfe. they seems good.
    I built a rangemaster clone following Keen again, great I was very happy. It worked after some little problem...
    Then I decided to build a fuzz face clone, again using instruction find on geofex, but this time I can't resolve my problems. The sound level is very low and very noisy, I tried to correct bias the transistors but finally I don't know if I was able to. What have to try to fix?
    Hi, Vincenzo! Good work you're doing there. I used 2N508's for all of my early germanium builds. Good, consistent device.

I suggest you go over to the diystompboxes forum (there's a link at the top of this page) and get registered. I'm there all the time, and there's a stickie posting at the top of the forum all the time that says:"Debug thread- What to do when it doesn't work". There's a detailed set of instructions that I typed up that worked well enough that they're left posted there all the time.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

thank you, I appreciate a lot your work, I think it's a wonderful think you want to share it with us.
      I registered at diystompboxes forum and I'm waiting for approval.
      Searching in the posts it's been useful to understand that there was an invisible (almost) connection between two traces. Anyway I truncated it and... wow it's the long time searched fuzz sounding. I still have to tune at best, solve noise problem, but I'm happy.

thank you, vincenzo
      Happy to share

Comment

2N508 gain HFE is 120
        NKT275 gain HFE is 90
        AC128 gain HFE is 175
        BC108 gain HFE can vary between 40 and 800

Comment

Working...
        X