Reverb Pedal Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb Pedal Showdown

I've got my Silvertone 1472 up and running now, so I'm selling my Peavey Classic 30, and losing reverb in the process.

I was hunting a used Danelectro Spring King pedal, but it seemed nobody wanted to sell one at a price that suited me.

I bought this Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb pedal instead. I think it was a good deal at $75 with free shipping.

This morning I managed to snatch this Danelectro Spring King Reverb pedal, for $77.27 also with free shipping.

I have the Holy Grail already. The spring and hall settings are great and I'd be happy if this was only one I got to try. The third 'flerb' setting is fun but a little pointless for me.

I look forward to the comparison with Dan when he arrives. Has anyone already put them both to the test?
    http://ohgoodthinking99.gotdns.com/dean

How is the noise level of the Holy Grail?

I have had mine for many years and for as long as I can remember, it seems to be a bit more noisy than I would like. Especially in higher output amps.

Just curious.

Otherwise, I generally agree with your opinion of it.

Thanks for initiating the thread.
    Mandopicker

Comment

My Silvertone is 10-12 watts I believe. It's running great, but I still want to replace some capacitors, mainly to get the tremolo circuit working, but it may take some of the slight 'vintage woosh' background noise away.
      My point, I have some background noise anyway in my rig, and I can't really detect anything additional from the EH Holy Grail. When I move home (overseas), I have a THD Univalve there which will be my main amp, so that is even smaller in wattage at about 5W. I also have a 60's Fender Twin Reverb there, so that's got some juice at 100W, but I'm not sure I'll get to test the EH in a high output rig until then
      http://ohgoodthinking99.gotdns.com/dean

Comment

Working...
      X