Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boss TR2 (only a little problem for Profi's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh geez, I don;t know. Those JFETs are not in a circuit that lends itself to segues in my view. I could be wrong.

The only thing I can think of if you want to try is to increase C12, C13. See if adding a 0.1uf in parallel with them slows it down for you. We don;t want to slow transistions down too much or there will be a pause.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes, I tried that, but it didn't change anything.
      Actually, the circuit shows that the Input goes via bypass straight through to the Output. That means the volume could be controlled there to get a gentle start, instead of the sudden one I get now.

Comment

I'm still at it to get a gentle delay at the start of the tremolo effect and trying to understand what's going wrong:

When I put a 1MF Cap onto between D2 and R24
        to ground, I get quite a strong delay, but that only works the first time. After that the Cap is saturated and doesn't discharge. Only after I earth out that Cap I can repeat the delay.

Actually, I cannot understand why the Cap doesn't get discharged, because when the pushbutton is not activated the collector of Q7 is earthed out or grounded. So, that should also ground (or empty) the Cap. Why does it not??

Does it mean... there must be some voltage, but then again, how come it turns off JFET Q1 ???

Comment

A charged cap is in a circuit. There must be also a complete circuit to DIS charge a cap. You have one end of a cap charged up to something, then ground that end via Q7 collector, but there is a diode in series with the cap at the other end, current only flows one direction through that, so i don't doubt the thing will charge but not discharge.

SOme brief moment of current flow triggers the JFET as the cap charges.

You don;t want a cap in series with the gate of the JFETs. Try larger caps at C13. If .1 is no help, try 10uf or something. Experiment.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

1uF Cap gives a big delay and abeit the JFET lends itself to segues, there's no way to empty the Cap. After I earthed out the cap I get another round of delay... So, I suppose I'm on the end with that idea. There are a number of OP-Amps empty, but for that one needs to really know electronics and that's my weak point; unless I search thorough 1000 of audio circuits, trying to match something... In the past that was my way of solving thee kinds of problems.

Comment

Working...
            X