Defective DIGITECH RP2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective DIGITECH RP2000

Hi Guys!,I need Help., I have A Digitech RP-2000 & I Repairing For a friend.,the problem is when i plug the PSA Adaptor(9V AC),the display LCD is "Blinking" Continously & there's No-Sound!,

.....A Big THANKS In Advance!!_Mojo324

Hi, This may be redundant but, are you certain that you are using a 9 volt AC PSU not a 9 v DC.
    Digitechs are one of the few pedals that use AC. The pedal board would light up but not output sound if you use a DC supply.
    Good luck

Comment

thanx sir Metro,! But the PSU im using is an AC-9V supply from Digitech.,? when i switched ON the Unit,it 'BLINKS' the LCD Display, and theres NO_SOUND/output at all.....?pls help?

thanxs in advance!! have a happy new year to ALL to this Forum!!god Bless!!

Comment

Hi,
        the behavior you're describing ( blinking display and no sound ) makes me think something is wrong around the internal voltage regulator area. The incoming 9VAC needs to be rectified,filtered and regulated to the right voltage to have the chips operate normally ( around 3 VDC for memories, 5V for TTLs and the like, and so on ). The "blinking display" could be a symptom of a badly regulated/filtered power supply, and this would also prevent the processor to boot up and the internal logic to work, so, as I said, be sure to take a close look at the PS rectifier/filter/regulator section.

I don't have a schematic for the RP2000, but, with 9VAC at the power input you should have around 12.5 VDC out of the rectifier/filter section, with no or very little residual AC (provided the filter caps are big enough and assuming they're operating normally), then the DC voltage should go to one (or more) voltage regulators, bringing the voltage(s) to the required level(s), so it should be pretty easy to take some readings and see if something is wrong with them.
        Hope this helps

Best regards

Bob
        Hoc unum scio: me nihil scire.

Comment

Just wondering - have you tried a "factory reboot"? That would be the first thing I would try on any microprocessor-based unit with those symptoms before delving into the hardware. It will, however, erase any custom programming if successful.

From the Digitech site FAQ section:

• How do I reinitialize the RP2000?
          The reinitialization procedure will return everything (including user presets) back to the original factory settings. Hold in the RHYTHM button while turning the power ON. Hold the button until the display shows all X's. Finally, press the FX Mode button. Your RP2000 will briefly read 'RESET' and will then prompt you to re-calibrate the expression pedal. When the display reads 'TOE UP' rock the pedal all the back and press the #3 footswitch. When the display reads 'TOE DN' rock the pedal all the way forward and press the #2 footswitch. Your RP2000 is now reinitialized.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X