VOX Starstream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOX Starstream

I'm asking a huge favor from anyone with a VOX starstream. I've been trying to find schematics for the electronics inside for ever and I have not had any luck whatsoever. I did find the V809 (I think that was it), the little plug in repeater effects module VOX made, and built it. It sounds good, but I was wanting to compare it to the repeater in the starstream. I am mainly looking for the fuzz, however (I LOVE that fuzz tone it gets) and perhaps the bass/treble boosts.

Now - I was hoping someone would be willing to take a look inside their Starsteam and maybe take some pictures of the electronics, or maybe even share some more detailed info? I would appreciate the effort SO much.

Anyone who does know the location of a drawn schematic please tell, though from my searching I really don't think there is one circulating anywhere.

If I can't get a hold of the schematics/whatever at all, perhaps someone could point me to a fuzz pedal (to build) that gets the same kind of sounds as the Starstream?

Here's a wonderful video showcasing the guitar:

VOX STARSTREAM DEMO

0:50 is the boosts
    1:10 is the fuzz
    1:45 is the repeater

Thanks!
Working...
X