I'm looking for some help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for some help....

The help i'm looking for is in regards to helping get my live rig all set up. I currently need to switch back and forth between two guitars (Gibson LP, Fender Tele Deluxe '72) and two amps (Marshall JCM 900, Orange Rockerverb 50) during my set. i also have a series of effects (delays, chorus, reverb, tremolo etc.) anyways, I'm looking for a way to leave both my guitars plugged in. both amps plugged in and run my effects through BOTH of my amps' FX loops. I sometimes use one head or the other. but while recording my record i achieved a bitchen tone blending the two amps together. so i'd like to run both at the same time too. Anyhow i know what i'm trying to do isn't impossible i am just curious to see if it'll be extremely expensive to buy the pieces to hook this up. I'd like to stay away from Morley switches because i hear that even though they say they are true bypass you loose a little bit of tone when running through them. I've also heard that Wirlwind makes better switches, more expensive but better. Anyhow I think i've provided enough information about my set up and situation that if you have any advice on how i should hook this all up i would apriciate anyones help. I have been a guitar straight into the amp guy up untill this point in my musical carreer and this experimentation with using multiple amps and multiple guitars and multiple effects is very new to me. but is now nessicary for me to change due to the music i've written for my latest record. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks
    Last edited by admay; 02-25-2009, 07:05 AM.

Seems to me all you need is an A/B box (that works in reverse) for the guitars and an A/B/Y box for the amps. I might be missing something though. Both boxes could be built into one box to save some room if you wanted to build one or have someone build one for you.

Comment

Working...
    X