Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do ceramic disc caps add to the script-logo MXR Phase 90s mojo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm... now that I think about it, I never tried copying a pcb, just made them from magazine articles and this one book, most with that whatchamacallit light sensitive stuff. I suppose it'd be easier with a scanner now.

Comment

I use to simply photocopy the board, tape the photocopy to a piece of copper board, and use my spring-loaded centre-punch to make the dimple holes, then connect the dots. Made a couple of MXR clones this way back in the day.

Comment

David,

My old P90...(foolishly sold off), was that layout. Does that mean it was a Script logo? I bought it between 1973 and 1977 -- can't recall or find the reciept. My 78 D+ is block. (I recall trying someone else's P90 in 1979 and I hated it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
          I use to simply photocopy the board, tape the photocopy to a piece of copper board, and use my spring-loaded centre-punch to make the dimple holes, then connect the dots. Made a couple of MXR clones this way back in the day.
          Photocopying... great idea. Didn't occur to be back then! I also used a center punch... probably just a plain kind. I remember having one of those spring loaded ones. Forgot all about that!

Originally posted by jaysg View Post
          David,

My old P90...(foolishly sold off), was that layout. Does that mean it was a Script logo? I bought it between 1973 and 1977 -- can't recall or find the reciept. My 78 D+ is block. (I recall trying someone else's P90 in 1979 and I hated it.)
          Probably. Mine was a script logo. I bought it new at the time, so that's how they all were. I think I still have the case somewhere... don't know where the board went ...
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
          www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post

I mostly used to make Distortion+ clones with TL071's.. a LOT easier!
            (Iain) Me too. Had to put the RAF's PCB unit to some productive use.

I think I used every pin compatible opamp, surplus capacitor and suitable resistor I could find in the bottom of a drawer to knock up those things.

I used to have a really sweet one that used an opamp (the type escapes me now) that looked like a metal can transistor with 8 legs. I just bent the legs until they lined up with the holes and put bits of stripped insulation on each one.

The thing that used to really irk me was having to buy the 9V battery connectors.
            So B+ is the one that hurts when you touch it, yeah?

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies to my post guys!

BTW, the BYOC Script-Logo Phase 90 kit now comes in a "new 6 opamp version".

Linky:
              http://www.buildyourownclone.com/phaser.html

Comment

Working...
              X