Boss ME-6B micro switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss ME-6B micro switches?

I don't suppose anyone has successfully managed to swap out the micro switches on the old Boss multi-effects pedals have they?

I can't change the parameters on my ME-6B anymore. Does anyone know where I can get replacement switches?

You can call or email Roland and order them over the phone. I assume you need the foot switch, If so, they are a 6mm x 6mm ( i think, please conform their size) and you can order them from Mouser as well. Search Mouser for SKQJAE and you should find an exact drop in.
    If you need the membrane switch buttons, that is a different story. I would call Roland and tell them what you need. You may have to buy the whole membrane switch assembly?

Good luck,
    CJ

Comment

Originally posted by cjlectronics View Post
      You can call or email Roland and order them over the phone. I assume you need the foot switch, If so, they are a 6mm x 6mm ( i think, please conform their size) and you can order them from Mouser as well. Search Mouser for SKQJAE and you should find an exact drop in.
      If you need the membrane switch buttons, that is a different story. I would call Roland and tell them what you need. You may have to buy the whole membrane switch assembly?

Good luck,
      CJ
      Hey thanks for the info. I checked Mouser out and thats the style of switch I need (tactile) but the pins are arranged differently on the boss pedal. There appears to be 6 pins on the boss switches with the two middle ones soldered into the board and the unused ones chopped off. Trust Boss to use somthing none standard. I will try contacting boss direct but I'm not sure if they would deal with me as I'm in the UK. If I can get hold of them I'm just going to replace all 16 of them. The foot switch ones are exactly the same as the value settings.

Comment

The switches are 2 pin switches. If there are 6 pads (3 on each side) to choose from, then Boss did this to allow for movement of the switch between 3 sets of pads. Which switch is not working?

Comment

Originally posted by cjlectronics View Post
          The switches are 2 pin switches. If there are 6 pads (3 on each side) to choose from, then Boss did this to allow for movement of the switch between 3 sets of pads. Which switch is not working?
          Ah I see! Well most of them were very temperamental, theres 16 on the board altogether so some of them work now I've applied some switch cleaner but I know this is a temp fix. I may as well replace the lot. It's the edit and value settings that are pretty much completely gone. I've ruled out the fact that it may have been a fault with the ribbon connecting this section to the mother board because some of the buttons work intermitantly.

Comment

Working...
          X