Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mods to reduce volume drop in a Boss TR-2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to reduce volume drop in a Boss TR-2?

Does anyone know of any mods that can be administered to a Boss TR-2 to get rid of the noticable volume drop? The schematic is right here:

http://www.schematicheaven.com/effec...r2_tremolo.pdf

Anyone? Thanks.

Jake

About a year ago, I bought a used TR2 cheap. Then went straight over to DIYStompboxes.com and search for Boss TR2. I researched all of the suggested mods and tabulated them. These aren't all of them and I don't take credit for them. So, this is probably a good time to recognize all of the contributors to DIYStompboxes.com who suggested these modifications. Thank you, the modification really makes a huge difference to my TR-2!!

I used this modified TR2 in a song we recorded with the garage band I'm in. The sound engineer said it was one of the best tremolo's he's heard and I agree.

CJ
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll have to see if I can test some of these out.

Comment

Q1 and Q2 shown in the posted schematic switch back and forth between straight and tremolo, so whatever you would do to balance out their respective volumes needs to happen before Q1.

The gain of IC2A is set partly by R12. Raising the value of R12 a bit should raise the level of its output such that when Q2 switches off and Q1 switches on, the volume will remain roughly the same. The tricky part will be in identifying what value to use since I have no idea just exactly how big the volume gap is. You could try 27k for starters and work from there.

Comment

I opened mine up this afternoon and was looking at R9, which on the schematic is supposed to be a resistor...it's a trimpot in mine! It set the level of the effected signal so I didn't even have to pull out the soldering iron.

Comment

Well ain't that a kick in the head! Nice.

Comment

Working...
            X