Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox 847a problem

Hi all,

I just got a Vox 847 wah and I'm not really sold on it. When in wah mode, the first full inch or so of pedal travel results in absolutely no effect, then it comes on fast. This thing almost acts like a switch instead of a progressive effect like it should. Would an ICAR pot upgrade work? Is this normal for a new Vox wah?

Thanks
    Murph

Originally posted by murphcc1 View Post
    Hi all,

I just got a Vox 847 wah and I'm not really sold on it. When in wah mode, the first full inch or so of pedal travel results in absolutely no effect, then it comes on fast. This thing almost acts like a switch instead of a progressive effect like it should. Would an ICAR pot upgrade work? Is this normal for a new Vox wah?
    It's not normal. Either the pot in it is damaged or the rotation gear is set wrong in the rack.

If it was bought from a dealer, take it back and exchange it. If it was second hand, you have some debugging to do. An ICAR pot might work, not necessarily because ICAR pots are better, but more likely because your pot is damaged.

At the risk of sounding coy, if you can't take it back to the dealer, have you thought about having a tech check it out? That's a lot more direct than speculating over the internet. There are many things I can diagnose sight unseen, but this one has very little to go on.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
    X