5150 II with Wylde Wah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 II with Wylde Wah

I'm using a Peavey 5150II currently with FX hooked up in the loop. I also own a Dunlop Wylde Wah, which is great, but even if I put it through the FX loop I get these two problems -

At any 'post' volume higher than about 2.5 I get feedback with the wah pressed all the way down, and when the wah is clicked on the overall tone is severly compromised, with the wah all the way back it cuts most of the sound completely and is almost in audible. What's going on here? Do I need some kind of compressor or something??

Have you tried the wah out front? I'm far from being an FX guy, but most of the stuff I've read on placement has said that wahs go between the guitar and the amp.
    -Mike

Comment

I agree. The wah probably shouldn't go in the FX loop. Although I have seen some peoples setups where the wah was in the loop and it was more pronounced. Almost too much. Your amp doesn't seem to like it there.

I personally like to true bypass my Crybaby's. They sound a lot better after the true bypass and it gives you a chance to add an LED.

Comment

It's the same when it's up in front of the amp.. that's why I was trying to run it through the FX loop. It just sounds like a little practice amp when you click the wah on.

Comment

Are you sure your wah is working properly?

You might need a buffer between your wah and amp. If you have any Boss pedals, put one of them between your wah and amp and see if it is any better. You don't have to turn the Boss pedal on. It just needs a battery/power supply hooked up to it.

Comment

Working...
          X