Mesa V-Twin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa V-Twin Question

I've heard alot of mixed answer to this so hopefully I can run into someone with a solid answer.

I wanna buy a Mesa Triple Rec but for now money is quite tight and I can't afford it. I ran across the V-Twin pedal and from, what I have heard on youtube it sounds like a great Mesa should sound.

My question is can that pedal scream like the Triple rec can? I will be using my line6 halfstack with a 150w Spider head. I know it wont be like a Triple rec but how close of a sound can that pedal actually produce?

Cheers,
    Joey

In my opinion, the V-Twin sounds nothing like any of the Triple Rec amps. I don't even think it sounds like any of the Mark amps.

Some people like the sound of the V-Twin and some don't. I think that it's highly dependent upon the type of tone you like (crisp/dark/thin/thick/dynamic/sludgey) and what amp you're plugging it into.

You definitely should try it before buying it. If you're looking for the triple rec sound (like so many other hard rock players on the planet), I don't think that this'll do it for you.

Chip

Comment

Working...
    X