MXR Carbon Copy - blinding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Carbon Copy - blinding!

Hi, long time no see everyone! (And pleased to meet those that don't know me)

Got one of those MXR Carbon Copy delay pedals today, and the blue LEDs are ridiculously bright. Just thought I'd share my fix.

Desoldered the main status LED, clipped a leg short, soldered a 6K8 resistor to the "stump". Then had to insert the legs into the LED support upside down before soldering back into position. Cathode goes towards the switch.

(I tried a lot of resistors before it was suitably dimmed, as I didn't want to have to trace the circuit to find the current limiters.)

For the modulation status indicator I wanted to keep things much dimmer, as the light stays on when the effect is off. Substituting a green LED for the blue one that's in there does the trick nicely. If I were to get fussy with it I'd locate one of the current limiting resistors and try halving its value. But as ever life's too short to be messing about with surface-mount too much.

Very nice little pedal, sounds fantastic. Complex looking circuit though, not sure I'll be that happy if it ever needs repair.

Hope that's of use to someone.

Liam
Working...
X