Reverb & Delay in one pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverb & Delay in one pedal?

I'm looking for a pedal that offers delay and reverb in one unit. I'm not really into multi-effects units; these are the only two effects I want in my effects loop and I'd like to have them in one pedal. I've done some reading on the Boss RV-3 and it seems good, but is that the only one? Any suggestions?
    Bedroom level??

[url]http://www.myspace.com/jglovermusic[/url]

The Boss RE-20 is a copy of the old RE-201 Space Echo, and subsequently has delay and reverb in one pedal. Not tried one, so I don't know what they're like, but the RE-201 was one of my favourites. Very warm. Definitely worth a look.

Liam

Comment

Originally posted by Liam View Post
      The Boss RE-20 is a copy of the old RE-201 Space Echo, and subsequently has delay and reverb in one pedal. Not tried one, so I don't know what they're like, but the RE-201 was one of my favourites. Very warm. Definitely worth a look.

Liam

Yeah, I just was reading about it. Kinda mixed reviews, but I'm definitely gonna check it out. Thanks!

Josh
      Bedroom level??

[url]http://www.myspace.com/jglovermusic[/url]

Comment

Boss RV-3
        http://www.bossus.com/gear/productde...?ProductId=142

Comment

I have an older RV-2. Those older memory devices take a lot of juice, so you use the external power only (no battery clip). The RV-5 is stereo in and out. They all sound pretty good if you just want a little air behind your notes.
          Black sheep, black sheep, you got some wool?
          Ya, I do man. My back is full.

Comment

Not got one but the RV 2 and 3 are crackin pedals.

Comment

U should try the Ibanez de7. its a VERY good delay/echo for the price (if ur looking for something under 100$)

Comment

The new soon-to-be-shipping EHX Cathedral pedal looks quite nice.

Comment

There are a couple of new ones on the market. Eventide I think has one. And one that just come out a few months ago - saw it in Guitar Player, I think. I can't remember the name.

I use the RV-3 myself (me and Stevie Wonder - just saw him on tv). It's not the greatest when using both effects at the same time, but if you're mostly after just a good solid reverb it's not bad at all. A bit touchy at the low end of the level control (too all or nothing) and the treble boost both when on or off is a bit too much, but otherwise....

Comment

Delays and reverbs are both likely to be digital pedals. Many players have found that sharing a single power supply with two or more digital pedals can often be a recipe for noisiness amongst otherwise quiet pedals. My Line 6 pedals all get ornery when they have to share a supply. Best not to daisy-chain them.

Comment

Working...
                    X