BOSS MD-2 (quick question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS MD-2 (quick question)

Hi, I wanna build a copy of it and I've got schematic but can't read how many operational ICs it has. Does anyone have this FX and can tell me (yeah, probably you gotta take off the case :P) how many ICs does it have? Thousands of thanks.

Oh, here's the schematic if you wanna take a look of it: http://experimentalistsanonymous.com...oss%20MD-2.jpg
    Last edited by martinez_90; 04-28-2009, 02:11 PM. Reason: add sth

2 (Quick answer)

Long Answer
    It has 2 TLO72's which are dual op amps ie 2 op amps in the one package
    making a total of 4 stages.
    Like a 12AX7 tube that has 2 seperate sections in the one glass tube.
    see attached picture
    Attached Files

Comment

Understood, thx.

One additional question: as you can see on the schematic there are symbols of these TL072's connected to the appropriate pins- but which pins, they ain't numbered? I suppose according to this graphic that 4pin is connected always to the GND and 8pin to the +9V. But what the other pins, does anyone have any suggestion (particularly i don't know in which of these two "paired" symbols are 1,2,3 pins and 5,6,7 pins)?

Comment

Did you look at the picture oc attached? I can see without even enlarging it that the IC pins are numbered, and the + and - input pins are identified.

As to which side to use, it doesn;t matter. 1,2,3 are one op amp and 5,6,7 are the other. Lay out your circuit whatever way is most convenient, the two op amps in each IC are the same.

All 8-leg dual op amps are wired the same. As with most parts, you can google the part number and find a data sheet.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Check out the datasheet for the TLO72. It will give you a better idea of the pin configuration.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/data...ents/tl072.pdf

"Did you look at the picture oc attached? I can see without even enlarging it that the IC pins are numbered, and the + and - input pins are identified.
          "

I think he was looking for more of the triangle diagram of the pins like on the datasheet I linked to under "Symbols".

Comment

Yeah, I looked on the schematic and I didn't know that 1,2,3 and 5,6,7 pins are actually the same. But know i got it.

Thank you very much for the answers.

Comment

Working...
            X