GGG's BRASS MASTER (or is it Brass Blaster?) PCB component question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG's BRASS MASTER (or is it Brass Blaster?) PCB component question

A couple questions for anyone who has built on of these from the General Guitar Gadgets site -

Apparently the PCB and layout has been updated, but i was sent the old PCB - so I'm working off the original documents. My question is on R11 - The BOM indicates that R11 is a 470K resistor, but on the layout it doesn't appear to be a resistor (or any other identifiable component to me) - and the holes are very close together which make it difficult to accomodate a resistor. Anyone know what the deal is? (see attachment JPG). Or is it just a jumper?

Second question is regarding the mini transformer on the PCB. Are these things directional? Does it matter which way it is soldered on the board or are they universal?

Thanks in advance ...
    mlannoo
    Attached Files

That resistor is to be stood on end, cornfield style.

1:1 transformers can sometimes be installed either way round. But the majority of transformers can't.
    "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

roger that - i received an email back from JD and he confirmed what i suspected regarding the resistor.

thanks for the reply.

as for the transformer, there are no markings on it - and the layout does not indicate anything directional - so i'll assume it can be soldered into place either way.

m

Comment

Working...
      X