Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morley Power Wah Boost... trimpot function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley Power Wah Boost... trimpot function?

Hi Gents!
    I just got an old Morley Power Wah Boost. Naturally, I had to peek under the hood. Inside, it's got two internal trimpots (marked t/p on the schematic). Can anyone give me an idea of what these do? If they adjust the sweep or frequency center of the wah, I'd like to mess with them. Conversely, I don't want to damage the unit by messing with something I shouldn't.
    Schematic is here:

Those bias the transistors they are next to. Adjusting them sets the DC level at the collector of each transistor. I'd adjust them for a collector voltage of about half the power supply voltage at that stage. That allows maximum headroom.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks very much, Enzo. That's exactly the information I was looking for. I'm 99% sure that I'm the first to open this pedal up (I bought it from the original owner, who rarely used it). I'll be curious to see how it's set from the factory.
      Thanks again, Enzo!

Comment

DOn;t assume it hasn't drifted. And don;t assume it is critical either. More or less in the middle should be good enough. DOubtful someone on the assembly line obsessed to some fraction of a millivolt.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X