AD3208 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD3208 build

This is my first build with a pcb that I etched. Finally got one that looks like it will work and was wondering what size holes should be drilled for something this size..?

I'm gonna say that depends on the type of drill you're using.

The ideal, I find, is to use #65 wide-shank carbide drill bits. They're somewhere in the range of 9/10 of a mm ( Drill Bit Size Chart ), yet the wide shank allows them to be used with a standard drill press. You'll want a hole that is just big enough for the leads to pass through, yet not so big that there is a gap between the inside edges of the pad and the conponent lead.

You can go a bit smaller or larger, depending on the diameter of the component leads you use. Some places will set "variety packs" of such drill bits, so keep your eyes peeled for them.

Comment

Thanks Mark
      for the chart that'll be very helpful. Turned out that all I had were #59 drill bits but I can see now that a #65 would work better. I should be able work with what I've done, I hope.
      Also, I had to hand drill it with and 18v mikita on slow with a smaller bit holder. Ended up breaking 2 bits. Next time I'll have to get a drill press or one of those holders for a drill gun.
      thanks
      pete

Comment

Working...
      X