Boss CE-1 Stereo Output Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss CE-1 Stereo Output Question

I have a CE-1 that seems to be outputting the same signal from the mono and stereo outputs. There's no "width" in the stereo field. I've never used a CE-1 before but I'm pretty sure this isn't right. A quick look inside reveals there's a normal jack socket (like the mono out) for the stereo output but when i see pictures of other ce-1's i see a black boxlike jack output. What part (number) is this? Any ideas appreciated....
    Attached Files

The schematic shows that one output jack is a standard mono jack and the other is a closed-circuit mono jack. When you plug nothing into the second jack, its delay signal is mixed in with the clean signal at the main jack. Plug something into the second jack, and the signal is split so that you get clean out the main jack, and delay out the second.....if the electronic switching is working properly. Note that a stompswitch IS used, but it is used to actuate some switching FETs. If one or both of the switching FETS are buggered up, or the stompswitch is buggered up so that it never really actuates the FETs properly, then you might be getting clean only out of both jacks.

Comment

Working...
    X