Boss DM-3 not flip-flopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss DM-3 not flip-flopping

This pedal switch is fine, i tested w/ a meter and it indeed switches momentarily as it should. When I first apply power via wall wart the power LED is not lit. Then I push the switch and voila it lights. Then I push the switch again to turn it off and it does nothing - the pedal stays on. I've tested R49 and R47, they're both getting 9v on both sides of them. R42 is getting 9v as well. Other than that I'm not experienced enough to know what to check next.
    Attached Files

Well I figured it out... premature post I guess but maybe this'll help someone else when they run across this issue. The AC plug on the pedal was not grounded. Not sure why or how but ran a ground wire and the switching works perfect.

Comment

how about no delay effect when switch on but red light is on. and when direct out is used no output when switch is engaged.sound comes when switch is off.

Comment

If you are getting signal but no effect, the delay chip/s is probably suspect. I don't have a schematic handy. You may want to check for correct voltages on any transistors and opamps. If you want a quick fix attempt you might just replace the delay chip, I've found that delay pedals that work but have no delay that it's usually a bad IC. If it were me I'd confirm that all the voltages are good and that all connections are good, then order the IC.

Comment

i fixed the no delay output problem with the uPC1571C chip but another problem the delayed sound is very weak.Almost cant hear the delay.Is this the BBD chips or the 4558?Or maybe the transistors?

Comment

I'm far from an expert on delay chips. Have you checked voltages?

Comment

Working...
            X