digitec delay microphonic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• digitec delay microphonic?

why would my fx pedal sound like there is a mic in it. i can talk loudly into it and hear myself through the amp. when ever i step on it, or tap it, heck i can even hear noise when i step on the cable. { send or return sides }

if you guys have any ideas, please let me know know what you think.
    thanks

Open it up, connect it to an amp, and grab a wooden chopstick. Start tapping each component on the circuit board. Stop when you come to one that is REALY sensitive.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

hi, and thanks for your help enzo.`
      i did just what you suggested, and found that the input jack was the most sensitive component in the pedal. could this be the prob? and if so, what would you suggest i do?

thanks again,

Comment

Well, I wouldn;t expect an input jack to get microphonic, but weirder things have happened. Make sure the nuts are tight, and check its solder. Try a differet jack of you must. A lot of times tapping on something like a jack is really sending vibrations through the pedal walls to something else.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
        X