Spring reverb tank grounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring reverb tank grounding

I'm finishing up a reproduction of the Farfisa F/AR spring reverb unit, and I wanted to think through the chassis/signal grounding.

As you probably know if you're reading, you can get Accutronics reverb units with one jack grounded or both Input/Output jacks isolated from the chassis. Typically, one jack is grounded to the spring tank's chassis, but I'm wondering if this is the best way to do it or just the most convenient.

In my case, the spring tank will be completely enclosed inside a steel chassis, so I could either isolate the tank from the main single-point chassis ground and ground it via the coax from the output coil, or I could isolate the output coil and ground the tank's chassis to the main chassis.

Is one approach inherently better in terms of keeping noise to a minimum?

David

Reverb Tank

Does it not have more to do with the drive & recover circuit than anything else?
    If the circuit is grounded, then o/k, ground that jack.
    If the circuit is not at ground potential, then you have to isolate that jack.

Comment

Some solid state drives in particular do not have the cold side of the drive jack at ground. There is a resistor to ground and a signal is sampled off that for NFB purposes in the driver. SO you would not want that INPUT jack grounded to the case.

I can think of darn few reasons to isolate the OUTPUT jack of the pan.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X