Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? How to make an 80's Ibanez delay STAY ON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? How to make an 80's Ibanez delay STAY ON?

Hi! Which components must I remove or jumper to make one of these pedals turn on and stay on right from power up? I don't need the footswitch to be operational, It's always in a loop.
    Thanks in advance!

Delay Away

Why Bother turn it on leave it on

Comment

None of the pedals ever bypass the entire circuit. They just lift the connection the wet signal makes to disable the "effect". There will be one FET used to switch the wet signal on and off. Several Ibanez schematics I have indicate that this will be a 2SK44SP. What will be marked on the tranny will likely be simply K44.

How to bypass? The pinout shown in the schematic says that the two outside pins are drain and source. So, just tack on a jumper wire between those two pads on the copper side, and away you go.

Note that the LED status will now be unrelated to the on/off status.

Note as well that this mod is entirely reversible. That is, if you ever get bored with the pedal or need to sell it, just desolder the jumper and it is once again stock.

Comment

THANKS MARK!

I poked around in there with a jumper, I found the transistor and jumped the outside pads... Done!!!!!! The LED is always off now as you mentioned may happen... Not a problem

I don't need a weathervane to tell me which way the wind is blowin' and I don't need no stinkin' LED neither.

Comment

Working...
        X