Mod old Wah into vibrato pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod old Wah into vibrato pedal

Hey guys, I have a Dunlop EW-95V (Volume, Wah, Boost) that won't work anymore. I'd like to use the chassis (knob for depth and pedal for speed) to house a vibrato pedal similar to a Rotovibe but without the chorus effect. I've looked around, but I haven't had any luck finding a schematic that will deal specifically with the vibrato effect. Do you guys have any ideas?

Vibrato and chorus are related effects. In general terms chorus is the vibrato signal mixed with the straight signal, while the vibrato is only the vibrato signal.

Look for schematics of the Bosstone Vibrosonic pedal, which was an older low tech vibrato only pedal.

Comment

Any old phaser, with the clean signal cancelled (leaving only the phase-shifted signal), will produce vibrato.

Since pleasing vibrato is partly a result of the right amount of pitch wobble, and the right "shape" of pitch wobble, I can't guarantee that the sweep width and LFO waveform of any phaser will be optimum. But it WILL produce vibrato with less risk of noise than any bucket-brigade-based circuit.

Comment

Reading Mark's post made me want to restate my earlier statement. The term chorus that I used was technically incorrect, as Mark correctly points out what I should have said was the sound of a phase shifter is the combination of vibrato and straight signal. Real chorus effect is time delay based.

My thinking was in reference to a Univibe "Chorus/Vibrato" setting, which either mixes the phase shift signal with the clean signal or not.

And the correct company name for the Vibrosonic should be Jordan, makers of the original BossTone boxes.

Sorry for the errors.

Comment

Years ago I put an MXR phase 45 board in a wah shell. It made a great rotovibe sound, plus it was easy to do.

CJ

Comment

Working...
          X