seymour duncan twin tube mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seymour duncan twin tube mayhem

hii...i have SD mayhem,but now in trouble...
    when i push it on there no sound out..just noise like sssshhhhh....
    the mechanic in my place told it problem in transwitching,so the tube recieved very weak power to on..is it right?can anyone suggest me what exactly going wrong?
    can give me a schematic?thanks

Originally posted by humanism View Post
    hii...i have SD mayhem,but now in trouble...
    when i push it on there no sound out..just noise like sssshhhhh....
    the mechanic in my place told it problem in transwitching,so the tube recieved very weak power to on..is it right?can anyone suggest me what exactly going wrong?
    can give me a schematic?thanks
    Is this covered by warranty? You might want to send it to Seymour and let him take a look. No pun intended (Seymour ~ "See more" and "let him take a look"... groan!)

I have the original one and I could not find a schematic anywhere. When they came out with the lower gain TT Blue (Blues?) I ordered the lower gain miniature tubes from a place in England- it really is not that hard to replace the tubes if one of them is bad.

Did the tech measure the voltages at the tube and find them inadequate? I wasn't sure if he did a full diagnosis on it.

Good luck!

Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Hey humanizer, I have the Mayhem and it rocks (especially after a few tweaks). Why not turn it over and turn those four screws out and then go to a tube and measure the volts goes across the tube wires, left to right. It is most likely a tube, which you can easily replace man.

I also put a rubber ring on the main footswitch because the mechanical click went very audible. Now it's silent. I also removed the tube clamps and float the tubes to reduce microphonics. It was very bassy and sounds better with a smaller cap off V1. I'll stop here

Comment

thanks all....i'll unscrew and check it...i'm newbie for electronic,can tell me detail how to check it tubes?what is the result? the normal value ?thanks for solution..

Comment

Working...
        X