Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morley Bad Horsie ll stops working in the heat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morley Bad Horsie ll stops working in the heat.

I played a gig out in the 90 degree sunlight(argh it was hot on the pavement!) and my Morley stopped working. The indicator LED didnt light but the unit was getting power as the "contour" mode LED would go on if I engaged it. When it cooled down it worked fine again. Bummer. In fact it works fine indoors in a cooler environment. Bad solder joint or bad component? I will take it apart and look it over the solder joints but if anybody knows anything particular it would be appreciated. Thanks Bob
    "Reality is an illusion albeit a very persistant one " Albert Einstein

Weird. I guess the only advice I can offer is....don't busk in Mumbai.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
      Weird. I guess the only advice I can offer is....don't busk in Mumbai.
      Or paint it. Couldnt see anything so I painted it silver. Evidently the silver refects enough light/heat to prevent the problem. Had it out on the pavement in the sun for a 1/2 hour(its about 95 here today) without issue. Something in the switching doesnt like excessive heat I guess. Bob
      "Reality is an illusion albeit a very persistant one " Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to the reality of the inherent temperature sensitivity of semiconductors.
        Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Working...
        X