Boss EQ through the FX loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss EQ through the FX loop

Hello everyone, I have a Bugera 6262 combo amp, when I connect my Boss EQ pedal through the FX loop the volume starts to go up and down. The thing is that I`m currently running my time based effects through the FX Loop with no issues at all!!

Any ideas of what`s happening? I haven`t tried any other EQ pedal. Just in case I checked the batteries : - ).

Thank`s in advance for any help.

A little more clarity about what you mean by "goes up and down" might help here. Do you mean that it oscillates/modulates, like a tremolo? Or do you mean that sometimes when you engage it, the volume is louder than at other times?

Have you tried sticking one of the time-based effects in the loop along with the EQ, yet? Try EQ->other pedal, other pedal -> EQ, and see if that makes a difference.

BTW, are the other non-EQ pedals true bypass, or do they have electronic switching like the Boss does?

Comment

Thank`s for the reply Mark. I like to use the EQ pedal engaged all the time and suddenly the volume drops badly and sometimes goes up again. Is not like tremolo or modulation is just the volume goes down for 10 minutes or more and them comes up again for a couple of minutes just to drop again.

I`ve tried EQ > Boss ME-70 and vice versa Boss ME-70 >EQ and the EQ pedal alone.... I`m scratching my head. I`ve sold the Boss EQ because I gave up at that time but I really need that EQ to compensate the thin sound of my Washburn N4 w/ the Bill Lawrence XL-500. I don`t know if buying another EQ will solve the issue but non of my friends have one to try : - (.. I don`t want to change the pickup cause I love the BL XL-500 screaming sound....

Comment

That could be a simple matter of intermittent contact at the jack/plug interface. Have you tried other patch cords?

Comment

Working...
        X