Echoplex ep3 hiss and heads ? problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    I just type a lot and i've lost the message ,it's late now so i could help you tomorow
    First check bad solder or loose connections
    Check the switch,last time i help a guy with similar problem he changed the switch and it was OK if no 2
    Try to desolder your SOS head and replace it with a 120 ohm resistor if the hum stop you're head is dead(open so antenna or hum receptor)
    If the head is ok it's a filtering noise
    Never change acapacitor by a smaller value,you must replace the 33uF by a 47uf or bigger 50uf for example,
    loock at other caps
    Well temll me tomorrow what good or bad news i will help you(i've got three Echoplexes and i'm EE,so i'm happy when this old things are alive!)
    Bruno Fuuzzman

Comment

SOS To The world

Hi,
      I just type a lot and i've lost the message ,it's late now so i could help you tomorow
      First check bad solder or loose connections
      Check the switch,last time i help a guy with similar problem he changed the switch and it was OK if no 2
      Try to desolder your SOS head and replace it with a 120 ohm resistor if the hum stop you're head is dead(open so antenna or hum receptor)
      If the head is ok it's a filtering noise
      Never change acapacitor by a smaller value,you must replace the 33uF by a 47uf or bigger 50uf for example,
      loock at other caps
      Well temll me tomorrow what good or bad news i will help you(i've got three Echoplexes and i'm EE,so i'm happy when this old things are alive!)
      Bruno Fuuzzman[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Fuzzman !
        thanks for the great tips. i guess ... you're from paris, right ? 93 seine st denis ? ; )
        i'm from paris too.
        i'll do the nice test with the sos head, on monday i think.
        with pleasure

merci bruno !
        Cordialement,
        Adrien

Comment

Hi,
          Cool!I'm very happy to find somebody with an Echoplex in Paris Let me know you're results.I've got a scopemeter at home , if you don't find what is going bad ,we will find together.
          I'm free of charge for echoplexes!
          If you want,you will compare with mines at the end.
          I will PM my phone number
          @plus
          Bruno Fuuzzman

Comment

Working...
          X