Stumbled upon a great Crybaby mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled upon a great Crybaby mod!

So I've modded my Crybaby to hell and back. Recently I stuck with only a few mods to make the wah more vocal and improve the midrange break.

So I replaced the C3 Cap which is a 50V 4.7uF Electrolytic with a 50V 10uF cap, as in my experience with modding things, upping the juice or lowering it usually has some interesting effects.

BOY was I surprised! My wah effect became more powerful, and had added punch.

I encourage anyone here who is interested to try it and tell me what you think!

Some guy at some forum, can't recall which one, i only remember hiss name was Gila did this mod, along with some others:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gila Mod.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	819085

Comment

Originally posted by DumbGuitarPlayer View Post
      So I've modded my Crybaby to hell and back. Recently I stuck with only a few mods to make the wah more vocal and improve the midrange break.

So I replaced the C3 Cap which is a 50V 4.7uF Electrolytic with a 50V 10uF cap, as in my experience with modding things, upping the juice or lowering it usually has some interesting effects.

BOY was I surprised! My wah effect became more powerful, and had added punch.

I encourage anyone here who is interested to try it and tell me what you think!
      The 10UF cap is that .10UF .I looked at 10UF caps on ebay and they seem really Big

Comment

It's an electrolytic cap. 10uF, 16V electrolytics are tiny.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conner View Post
          It's an electrolytic cap. 10uF, 16V electrolytics are tiny.
          I have a 10uf 100Volt will that work? I always get .10uf mixed up with 10uf

Comment

Yes it is 10uF, not .10. 100v rating will work.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbGuitarPlayer View Post
              Yes it is 10uF, not .10. 100v rating will work.
              There is a guy on a Marshall forum who knows alot of stuff He is from Rohnert Park Ca .I have lived in Ca all my life never heard of the town,must be up North near SF?

Comment

Originally posted by dumbassbob View Post
                There is a guy on a Marshall forum who knows alot of stuff He is from Rohnert Park Ca .I have lived in Ca all my life never heard of the town,must be up North near SF?
                That would be me. And yes Rohnert Park is north of SF...right by Santa Rosa.
                Jon Wilder
                Wilder Amplification

Originally posted by m-fine
                I don't know about you, but I find it a LOT easier to change a capacitor than to actually learn how to play well
                Originally posted by JoeM
                I doubt if any of my favorite players even own a soldering iron.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilder Amplification View Post
                  That would be me. And yes Rohnert Park is north of SF...right by Santa Rosa.
                  So are you Flem on Metroamp?

Comment

Hey Jon! Love the sig quotes. Didn't realize you were in RP. I'm somewhat new to the area myself.

Comment

Wha Mod

I did that changed the 4.7 to a 10uf and took out the "candy cane" caps that were making all that noise replaced with new .01 and .22 of different kinds.Its a really good SOD cry baby again Thanks to Jon for all his time on Metroamp I have learned enough to almost kill myself

Comment

I just did a series of mods to a client's stock Crybaby. His is a newer one, and I guess they started putting Fasel inductors in them again, because that's what was in his. The 4.7 - 10uF mod works even better with the Fasel.

Comment

Working...
                        X