question on Forest Cook's reverb circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on Forest Cook's reverb circuit

I'm building Forrest Cook's reverb and I'm planning not to use a matching transformer to drive the pan. I already have a 4EB3C1B which is a high impedance pan. It has 600 Ohm input impedance.

My question is how do I connect the tank if the transformer is missing?

You don't need it.
    Just wire the drive coil from pin 1 to pin 7. Leave the 100 ohms in series for stability.
    Post your results.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I have done it but the reverb is poor and boomy. I have changed the 100n cap at the input pin 2 for the boominess but the reverb is poor. Nothing like what I found in (opamp based reverb ) combo guitar amps.

Comment

Well, it *is* a somewhat poor design.
        It's difficult to make a good pedal reverb, because you have to drive them hard, not possible with a humble 9V battery.
        Commercial amp circuits use at least +/-15V to drive a medium impedance tank, which is at least 10 times the power you get here.
        In SSGuitar Forum there is a guy called Phatt who has designed and built the ultimate guitar reverb, take a look around and talk to him, great guy.
        By the way, his uses +/-35V !! (the power rails of his LM3886 powered guitar amp).
        Read the discussion in:
        Mosfet Spring Reverb Driver
        the schematic itself is:

Yours will not be driven that hard, because it's of higher impedance, still it's *lots* more than with the one you already made.
        Good luck.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

That's true. Fender Blues Deluxe uses the same spring I have, 4EB3C1B, and it has enough reverb to be happy with. And it drives the tank with a single opamp but the PS is
          +/-15V. I was thinking to copy this design.

I'm curious to see Phatt's design but I can't see any schematic. Neither to the link you posted. Can you post it again or send it with an e-mail?

Edit:
          Ok, I did a registration to SSGuitarAmp and I saw the schematic! Thanks! Looks great.
          Yesterday, I was searching some info and found something similar. I was reading Rod Elliot's webpages!
          Last edited by spy; 10-20-2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X