Crybaby problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crybaby problems

Can anyone help! i stopped using my crybaby about 2 years ago and its been sat in the studio since. I thought id have a play with it the other day but it seems to only work as a volume pedal now. I tried wiring it both ways but i still get no wah effect. Had a quick look inside and the wiring/soldering looks ok (however im not very experienced with either). Is this a common problem with an easy solution or should i fork out for a new one?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    gerry.

Well, what voltage is left in the battery?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I hooked it up to my power bank, which has a standard 9V output per pedal.

Comment

use the shell to build a new wah!!

Comment

Originally posted by gerry View Post
          ... it seems to only work as a volume pedal now.
          gerry.
          This is a well known problem. You have a failing electrolytic cap. It's the one connected to the inductor, but do yourself a favor: if one has failed, it's only a matter of time till the others fail. Replace all the electros and you should have a working wah again.

You might be interested in "The Technology of Wah Pedals" at GEO, http://www.geofex.com
          Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

Winner

Thanks alot mate, ill give it ago!

Comment

Working...
            X