Dunlop High Gain Mod Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop High Gain Mod Needed

I have a Dunlop High Gain Passive Volume Pedal that servers as an expression Pedal for my Digitech RP 50 (controls wah and whammy effects or if neither is used controls volume). The pedal on a sweep from heel to toe goes Low-High-Low which annoys me greatly. Is there a way to modify it to go Low-High? I imagine if there is it would be rather simple but it has been a long time since I have dealt with electronics and want to avoid screwing it up.

Sorry, "High Gain Passive Volume Pedal" is an oxymoron, no thing by that description can actually exist. Therefore a thing that presumes to be one of those must be wrong. You'll see this anytime a thing is impossible. It never works out right.
    My rants, products, services and incoherent babblings on my blog.

Comment

Well it is a passive volume pedal manufactured by Dunlop and the product name is 'High Gain'. Sorry if that is oxymoronc (or just plain old moronic) but it is thus and it does exist.

Comment

Being a volume pedal it must have two jacks. Which jack did you plug the RP into? If you used the "Out", then try plugging an open jack lead (other end connected to nothing) into the "In" jack.

Or, try plugging the FX unit into the "In" jack and see if it works any better.

Or, try a Y insert lead: put the stereo end into the FX unit and stick the two mono plugs into the volume pedal's jacks. Swap them and see which way works best.

Even if you get it working the audio taper pot is unlikely to be really satisfying as an expression pedal.

Ronsonic: A gain of 1 is high compared to a gain of .001 or whatever.
        "Enzo, I see that you replied parasitic oscillations. Is that a hypothesis? Or is that your amazing metal band I should check out?"

Comment

Working...
        X