Found a cool effects site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a cool effects site

You guys may already know this one but I just found it and like it. For those of you who don't

DiscoFreq's Effects Database

Yeah. I'm blocking on the guy's name at the moment, but he's been around for a little while, and occasionally pops into the DIY stompbox forum to ask for ideas and content.

What I find really fascinating about the site is the vast range of products I never even knew existed. What is also extremely helpful is the manner in which pedals that are actually the same thing (but sold under another name and package) are grouped together.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that, that nickname really doesn't mean that much, it's just that I needed a nickname for messengers and IRC when I first came online (late 90's, when there were a lot of disco revival parties in my town). I listen to lots of different styles, often older music with a groove ((P-)funk, African/Cuban music, jazzy stuff,...) but rarely to real disco

Since I moved from muziq.be to effectsdatabase.com I thought about dropping that nickname from the title, but a lot of people only know the site by that name...

I sometimes ask for pictures from a list of pedals for which I can't find pictures:
      pictures needed | DiscoFreq's Effects Database

But most of the time I check forums when I see visitors coming from a certain thread. I try to help with more details, better gut shots or part numbers (if I have the pedal myself or if I have more pictures in my archives than on the site).

I have a lot of data to add (also more pedals and brands) and some good ideas for new features, but it takes time... I have a job and a girlfriend too

Interesting forum BTW
      [url]http://www.effectsdatabase.com/[/url]

Comment

Well I must say it is very impressive what you have done. Especially with the job and the girl friend. I have a pregnant wife so i know how much fun the other half can be sometimes

Comment

Thanks

I use a lot of my time after work for the site, so the girlfriend does complain sometimes...
          [url]http://www.effectsdatabase.com/[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X