Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for advice with Neovibe components

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the dumb ass question, but I’m still learning and I'm not sure about component substitution

I ordered a PCB for a NeoVibe from General Guitar Gadgets and I'm in the process of sourcing the components.

The schematics mention a DB102 Bridge Rectifier, but I can only get hold of a DB104. I assume for what I'm doing that shouldn’t matter?

Also, I can only get 2N3904 trannies instead of 2n5088 ones.
    I assume substituting all the 35088's for 3904's shouldn't matter either?

Your advice would be appreciated
    Thanks in advance
    Sam

Originally posted by sammy View Post
    Hi everyone,
    The schematics mention a DB102 Bridge Rectifier, but I can only get hold of a DB104. I assume for what I'm doing that shouldn’t matter?
    Any four-pin rectifier bridge that will fit in the holes on the PCB will work there. The DB104 I looked at will. Be sure to get it the right way round in the holes.

Also, I can only get 2N3904 trannies instead of 2n5088 ones.
    I assume substituting all the 35088's for 3904's shouldn't matter either?
    That will certainly work. The only place where it may be dicey is for Q11 and Q12, in the LFO. These need to be a certain maximum gain. However, I have built these out of all 2N3904s and had them work fine.

As a final bit of advice, go join the diystompboxes.com forum. There is a regular and ongoing discussion of building effects there, including regular requests from neovibe builders. I (and I laid out the neovibe PCB for GGG) go there more regularly than I check here. And there's a lot of history for such questions.
    Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

And with now over 20,000 members, the odds of you encountering a problem that nobody else has had are pretty slim.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
        And with now over 20,000 members, the odds of you encountering a problem that nobody else has had are pretty slim.
        Yeah. 8-)
        Amazing!! Who would ever have guessed that someone who villified the evil rich people would begin happily accepting their millions in speaking fees!

Oh, wait! That sounds familiar, somehow.

Comment

hi Mark & R.G

thanks for your advice and help.

much appreciated

Sam

Comment

Working...
          X