Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accutronics Spring Reverb 1EB2C1B unable to locate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accutronics Spring Reverb 1EB2C1B unable to locate!

I have an old ART Systems T-28 Attack Module/portable twin 8” 100 watt amplifier that has an accutronics Type 1 - 1EB2C1B spring reverb in it that has the two broken input wires to the transducer. They are broken too close to the transducer to repair unless I unwind the transducer, which I have never attempted. My question is: The closest unit that I have found to work that I can locate from “CEDIST.COM” is a 4EB3C1B. This is a Type 4 but it has the correct impedance of 600 ohms imput and 2250 ohms output just like the original unit with a longer decay time of 2.75 – 4.0 sec’s as opposed to the original reverb of 1.75-3.0 sec’s. Does anyone know if this will work? Will it be too long of a decay time for this application? Also, accutronics website did not specify what Type 1 is opposed to type 4. I would like to know before I order this unit as the old part is nowhere to be found. Thanks for your input!

Type 4 is a longer tank. It will work perfectly well in place of your type 1, if you have room to mount it. If clearance is a problem, you could use a type 8EB2C1B, it is also short, but uses 3 springs.
    I have changed several type 8's to type 4's, (I like sound of the longer springs).

Comment

I agree with Bill.The E and B specify impedance, the 4 or 8 specify physical size. Your input impedance will be close enough if you stick to the letter. Don;t worry about a couple hundred ohms

Obviously you can;t concern yourself with having a grounded connector or not, since there is none. Now you COULD install one if there is room.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X