Where To Find ne570n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where To Find ne570n

Anyone know where to find these other than Hong Kong? Is there any substitute that could be dropped in?

I have an EH pedal that needs one.

Thanks

Steve at Small Bear has some. Click here Results for ICs - Compressors/Expanders

The NE571 is an exact drop in for the 570.

Comment

Ok, thank you.

I've been searching "NE570N" so that may have been why my results weren't great.

Comment

NE is the old Signetics prefix. SA570 and 571 are identical, as is the Coolaudio V571. Purportedly, the 570 is a bit quieter than the 571, although I've never heard anyone say "I replaced the 571 in my XXX with a 570, and man it's so much quieter!"

Comment

Interesting.

If I remember correctly the 570 & 571 have a different voltage range. Perhaps one is just hardier than the other. I don't know. But I think that was an ONN SEMI data sheet or something.

I see Small Bear has NOS NE570 and V571D. I think I'd stick with the NE570 since that is what was originally installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Intergalactic Tourister View Post
            Interesting.

If I remember correctly the 570 & 571 have a different voltage range. Perhaps one is just hardier than the other. I don't know. But I think that was an ONN SEMI data sheet or something.

I see Small Bear has NOS NE570 and V571D. I think I'd stick with the NE570 since that is what was originally installed.

NE570 and NE571 basically are the same (see attached datasheets) and
            typical noise is equal (20μV).

The only significant factor that should be taken into account is the maximum
            operating voltage: 24V for NE570 and 18V for NE571.

In other words, NE571 can be a replacement not for all NE570 applications.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks.

The voltage range is:
              NE571: 6v-18v
              NE570: 6v-24v

So the 570 is what I'd stay with.

Comment

Of course that is all moot when powered by a 9v battery.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Its powered by a transformer.

Comment

Any idea of the actual DC voltage in there ?
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

At 117VAC, B+ is about 15v. However its not uncommon to get 125VAC here.

As doctor stated above "NE571 can be a replacement [but] not for all NE570 applications." So I'll use NE570... a chip with at least an equal voltage rating as the original.

Comment

At 117VAC, B+ is about 15v. However its not uncommon to get 125VAC here.
                        Don't worry, that would translate into +16V tops, well within ratings for any of them.
                        Of course, if you get the original ... go for it.
                        And in any case, somewhat higher voltage is never a problem, specially since Zeners and regulators were invented.
                        Good luck.
                        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
                        X