Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post - question about DIY bypass loopers

Heya everyone!!

I want to make my own bypass looper. I want it to have a single loop, but I want to have three switches to control the loop. The reason is because I want to be able to bypass all my guitar effects with a single switch, whilst at the same time triggering my amp selector.

I'm moving away from a monster midi switching system - too complicated and not very creative or fun to use when playing live. So this is my compromise.

Can anyone help me?
    Attached Files

I'm kind of confused by your request. I think you need to explan yourself a little more clearly to squeeze the best advice from us.

As near as I can tell you seem to want some sort of integrated box that puts all of your control needs in one bank of stompswitches. Is that correct?
    If so, I take it you would be using one switch to provide a "straight-wire" bypass for your audio path going to the amp, but other switches that control some other things indirectly.

Comment

Yeah sorry, think I was being a bit thick.

Okay...

I want to make a true-bypass looper. Like these: The DIY True Bypass Lesson - Premier Guitar

But instead of just a single switch controlling ONE loop, I want three switches controlling the same loop. The reason is so I can match up the switches with my Fryette foot-controller, and hit two switches at once to bypass the effects and change my channel.

Does that make sense?

Comment

It does and it doesn't. It does, in the sense that I get what you wish to do. It doesn't, insomuch as attempting to do it with multiple simultaneous switch stomps is probably the wrong way to go about it.

Now, it IS possible to wire up one switch to assign your Nova unit to one channel or the other, and route your guitar to that channel or the other one, but this involves use of an amp where the two channels have two different input jacks. I gather this is not the case with the Fryette.

The other possibility is to use a single switch and use that to actuate one or more relays, which will then do the appropriate signal switching. That is not terribly complicated, but certainly a notch or two up from the Premier Guitar article.

Comment

Working...
        X