LPB-1 Mosfet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPB-1 Mosfet

This may be a stupid question but here it goes. What would happen is you swapped the transistor in an LPB-1 for a Mosfet type?

I am just curious, I am new to pedal building and am ordering a breadboard and the components for an LPB-1 so I can start translating schematics to actual effects. I decided not to do a kit because it would do me no justice, I can solder, so putting together a kit with everything labeled seems kind of pointless. I want to know how effects work, and how the circuits work. I thought an LPB-1 would be a great place to start, considering it is such an easy circuit.

Any modifications that could give this more gain? Sort of like a Super Hard On?

EDIT: This was suppose to say GERMANIUM! NOT MOSFET!
    Last edited by Hella1hella; 10-05-2011, 02:28 AM.
    Happiness. Only real when shared.

It would probably give you more gain and a somewhat higher input impedance, but you would have to redesign it from scratch, since the around 3000mV turn on bias a typical mosfet needs is tons higher than the 600/650mV a silicon junction needs.
    you should also need to weigh in the zero "base current" it needs.
    in all, back to the drawing board with a fresh set of batteries in your calculator.
    EDIT= I forgot, there are not stupid questions.
    well, besides "can you lend me some money?"
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I'm not sure what half of that meant, but thanks! I will do some research.

Comment

WOW! I just read this, and realized I put MOSFET.... HAHA! I Really meant Germanium....

Comment

Oops!

Comment

Working...
          X